Next week is Spring Break and I am sincerely hoping that it will be a new start for me too. I have an appointment to start a gym promotion, have ordered a diet program and have signed up for tanning. I am hoping that having to work only one job next week will give me a chance to get a solid start on what I need to do to get myself going.
I will be headed to an encampment in a couple months and my first goal is to lose 30 pounds by that time. This amount will ensure that I can fit into all of my clothes from last summer as well as making sure that I can still keep up with everyone when we go out walking.
Don't get me wrong, I have 5 times that to lose in total (and no I am not one of those girls who complains about the last 5 pounds I have to lose, I am labeled "morbidly obese") but I figure I need to start logically and start small. One goal at a time. I find that I often sabotage myself by losing about 10 pounds or so and instead of continuing, I start eating things that I am craving and gain it all back and then some! I don't know what that's all about but I am determined for it not to happen this time! I just have to get healthy! I am convinced that this is all that I need to do to get started feeling better than I do right now. I am in a rut. There I said it.
Every morning I pass by this storage place that has these sayings each week and normally I think they're just silly but worthwhile. This week's makes my heart cringe every time I see it. "Beware the emptiness of the busy life" it says. I work three jobs and have very little time to do anything else except to work or sleep. It makes me sad because I realize that all those people who say that I work too much are actually pitying me because they think I have an empty life. I'm not making this up, it's true.
I want to live a full life. God has blessed me with all of these days and what have I done with them??? Not a whole lot, that's what! I want to take the next thirty years of my life and really live. Really serve God in the way that He both deserves and expects of me!
I hope y'all have a blessed week and I shall do my best to keep this a bit more updated.
No comments:
Post a Comment