Sunday, February 5, 2012

Yes, it's February, but I still want to plan some resolutions for the year!

I want to make some changes this year. Some are the usual that everyone does, but others... well not so much.

1. I want to pass the CTEL test and attain a full time teaching position. Preferrably in an elementary school...
I have worked so long to finally be clear to teach and I am so ready to stop being a substitute. Don't get me wrong, I love having the job that I do, but I am very ready to wake up and go to the same class every day. To have my own place in a school. To have insurance. Benefits. Being able to go to the doctor when I am sick. Yes that would be nice.

2. I want to work on getting healthy. Losing weight would be nice/necessary, but I think I need to simply focus on being healthy. I have many slowly increasing stomach issues, that I just want to get those cleared up so I feel comfortable to do some traveling.

3. I want to get a passport and start to plan a trip out of the country. I've only been once but that was 15 years ago. I want to travel over an ocean. I'm not quite sure where.

4. I want to save up and purchase my first car. I know the exact one I want and I know that I will have to work hard to save up for a down payment, but I know I will need a new car soon and it will be awesome to officially have one of my very own. That is in my name only. The one I have now was a gracious gift from my loving grandparents for my college years. It's been an amazing car, but it is also to the point where a rehaul on it would cost more than the car itself. I do love it though. I've had it for almost 11 years and it's been all around the country with me.

5. I want to study the Bible more. I want to plan to take more time each day in study of God's word and His plan for me. I've tried in the past but I want to do a better job of preparing myself for this long distance race that I have signed up for as a New Testament Christian. I want to grow in my confidence of being able to teach others about the love that God has for us and His plan for salvation.

Those are my goals/ resolutions for this 2012. That's all. Not too much to ask right? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment